We are happy that spring break is just around the corner and we know you will enjoy the time with your loved ones:) As you know, we are updating parents about current safety items. A few days ago the topic was "vaping and tobacco products" for secondary students and "chicken pox" for primary students.
Now we will be updating our morning, afternoon and during the day pick-up protocols. This will begin immediately.
We recognize the wonderful sense of community we are building together. Unfortunately, safety is a real concern for all students throughout the province. For this reason, we must abide with the proper way in which parents, families, and the public, access the building.
We appreciate your understanding as we refresh these standards.
As per the school site safety requirements, we must ensure all doors to the school and surrounding buildings, except the front door remain locked.
KSA Access Protocols
1) Each morning, doors will be opened at 8:20am by support staff and/or teachers for elementary. Students will be greeted at the door. Parents are asked not to enter the building unless there is an urgent matter which needs office attention. In this case, all parents/guardians are to report to the office directly, using the front doors on 9th Avenue.
2) Each morning, secondary students will access the building using the front doors on 9th Avenue if it is before the 8:20am bell. At 8:20am secondary students are welcome to enter with the elementary classes using the alternate doors on the bridge.
3) At the end of the day (2:30pm) K-7 students can be met by parents outside at the entrance designated for their class.
4) ALL visitors, including parents who are picking up children for appointments or other matters, during the day, must report to the office and sign-in at main desk. Students are called from their classes by our staff. Parents are asked to wait by the office.
5) ALL visitors, such as student teachers, presenters and TRU international staff apply for a visitor's pass at the main office, each visit.
6) Parent volunteers, PAC executive members and One-to-One volunteer readers apply for passes at the main office, each visit.
7) For evening shows and presentations the proper entrance will be announced in advance. The entrance route will be monitored by staff.
Thank you for reviewing this email and the important information it includes.
* Special NOTE:
Parents who may require adaptations due to disability, children with an IEP, or other other unique circumstances please contact us at the office to arrange alternate pick-up protocols. These will be adjusted to meet the school site safety requirements and we are happy to do this for you!
Sydney Griffith, Principal